1) In the textile industry, the term "gunny" refers to ___burlap that is not of the best quality.
2) The skyscraper, ___,is an architectural form that originated in the United States.
3) ___ were stones piled at intervals
4) Some procedures used for laboratory analysis of archaeological specimens are ___ procedures conducted in crime laboratories
5) The windmill, which has been used for hundreds of years to pump water and grind grains, ___ redesigned to produce electricity
6) In 1938, when Benny Goodman?s orchestra presented a concert at the prestigious Carnegie Hall, ___ was clear that jazz had at last been fully accepted
7) ___ a continuous mass of water on the Earth?s surface, all continents are islands in the strictest sense of the word.
8) The spiral threads of a spider?s web have a sticky substance on them ___ insects.
9) ___ in 1635, the Boston Latin School is the oldest public school in the United States.
10) According to anthropologists, the earliest ancestors of humans that stood upright resembled chimpanzees ___, with sloping foreheads and protruding brows.