1) Groups of muscles in the head direct the actions necessary for _____.
2) In the Osage tribe of Oklahoma, beaded belts _____ who held a high social status.
3) _____ commonly chosen as the first step to a career in public office.
4) In 1852 _____ one hundred piano-makers in New York alone.
5) Mammals have a larger, more well-developed brain _____ other animals
6) Astronomy developed from the observation _____ through regular cycles of motion.
7) _____ the arctic regions receive little sunlight, the air there is too cold to hold much moisture.
8) The wood of the holly tree, close-grained and very hard, _____ for musical instruments, furniture, and interior design.
9) Many English _____ were opposed to the American Revolution of 1776 moved to Canada, where they were known as United Empire Loyalists.
10) The working conditions of railroad employees were _____ hazardous in the early days that private insurance companies refused to insure the works.