1) The difference between libel and slander is that libel is printed while__________.
2) Great numbers of tiny shelled animals'on the ocean floor.
3) The knee is the joint __________the thigh bone meets the large bone of the lower leg.
4) Closed plane figures like the square or the equilateral triangle can be grouped into a class __________polygons.
5) Acids are chemical compounds that, in water solution, have __________, a corrosive action on metals, and the ability to turn certain blue vegetable dyes red.
6) __________the history of the tough, strong-willed Nebraska farmer.
7) Billie Holiday's reputation as a great jazz-blues singer rests on her ability __________emotional depth to her songs.
8) __________1895 did Cornell University begin to offer a degree in ornithology.
9) Uniform acceleration occurs __________the rate of change remains the same over successive and equal intervals of time.
10) People's expectations for a higher standard of living increase __________.