Reading and answers the question:
Rock and soil samples brought back from the moon by the Apollo astronauts1. Which of the following would be the most appropriate title for this passage?
have taught scientists much about the composition of the moon. Moon
soil contains small bits of rock and glass and was probably ground
from larger rocks when meteors impacted with the surface of the moon.
5 Scientists found no trace of animal or plant life in the moon soil.
In addition to the moon soil, astronauts gathered two basic types
of rocks from the surface of the moon: basalt and breccia. Basalt
is a cooled and hardened volcanic lava common to the earth. Since
basalt is formed under extremely high temperatures, the presence
10 of this type of rock is an indication that the temperature of the
moon was once extremely hot. Breccia, the other kind of rock brought
back by the astronauts, was formed during the impact of falling objects
on the surface of the moon. This second type of rock consists of
small pieces of rock compressed together by the force of impact.
15 Gases such as hydrogen and helium were found in some of the rocks,
and scientists believe that these gases were carried to the moon
on the streams of gases that are constantly emitted from the sun.
2. According to the passage, what does moon soil consist of?
3. Which of the following was NOT brought back to the earth by the astronauts?
4. According to the passage, breccia was formed
5. According to the passage, what do scientists believe about the gases found in the moon rocks?
6. The author's purpose in this passage is to