Reading and answers the question:
The invention of the phonograph happened quite by accident. Thomas1. What is the best title for the passage?
Edison moved to Menlo Park, New Jersey, in 1876, where he established
an industrial research laboratory. There Edison worked on a carbon
telephone transmitter to improve the existing Bell system. In that
5 laboratory a year later Edison invented the phonograph while trying
to improve a telegraph repeater. He attached a telephone diaphragm
to the needle in the telegraph repeater to produce a recording that
could be played back. After some improvements to the machine, he
recited "Mary Had a Little Lamb" and played the recognizable reproduction
10 of his voice back to an astonished audience.
2. According to the passage, the invention of the phonograph
3. In what year did the invention of the phonograph occur?
4. According to the passage, how was the phonograph made?
5. According to the passage, how did Edison test his new invention?
6. According to the passage, how did people feel when they heard Edison's rendition of "Mary Had a Little Lamb"?