Reading and answers the question:
As more women in the United States move up the professional ladder,1. Who is the authors' intended audience ?
more are finding it necessary to make business trips alone. Since
this is new for many, some tips are certainly in order. If you are
married, it is a good idea to encourage your husband and children
5 to learn to cook few simple meals while you are way. They will be
much happier and probably they will enjoy the experience. If you
will be eating alone a good deal, choose good restaurants. In the
end, they will be much better for your digestion. You may also find
it useful to call the restaurant in advance and state that you will
10 be eating alone. You will probably get better service and almost
certainly a better table. Finally, and most importantly, anticipate
your travel needs as a businesswoman; this starts with lightweight
luggage which you can easily manage even when fully packed. Take
a folding case inside your suitcase; it will come in extremely handy
15 for dirty clothes, as well as for business documents and papers you
no longer need on the trip. And make sure you have a briefcase so
that you can keep currently required papers separate. Obviously,
experience helps, but you make things easier on yourself from the
first by careful planning, so that right from the start you really
20 can have a good trip!
2. Which of the following can be inferred from the passage?
3. In this passage, what advice does the author have for married women?
4. Why are better restaurants especially preferable for frequent travelers?
5. Why is lightweight luggage important for the travelling businesswoman?
6. What is the main idea of this passage ?
7. Where would this passage most likely appear ?