Reading and answers the question:
Cerro Prieto, twenty miles south of the United States border, is a1. Cerro Prieto is
large geothermal energy field likely to produce 1,000 megawatts of
electricity annually by the early 1990's. This will be well above
its initial' 1973 capacity of 75 megawatts, which was doubled in
5 1979, with a further 30 megawatts added two years later to bring
it up to its present capacity. However, in addition to the primary
purpose of producing electricity, scientists at Cerro Prieto have
developed several other uses for the geothermal heat and fluid, including
some in acquaculture and hydroponics. In relation to the former,
10 crayfish are raised in water kept at about 85F. They feed on the
minute crustaceans and algae occurring naturally in the geothermal
fluid while special strains of bacteria have been introduced to clean
the water along with small local crayfish that absorb salts harmful
to the commercial variety. This variety's metabolism is speeded up
15 by the controlled environment, which reduces growing time.
The salt-rich geothermal fluid also produces sticking results through
the use of hydroponics, which yields of crops such as tomatoes and
cucumbers as much as 300 per cent higher than in normal soil. Meanwhile,
20 a ten-meter-long enclosed shed produces half a ton of barley grass
per day, the grass reaching a height of five inches in only seven
days from seed.
2. What was the generating capacity of the Cerro Prieto field in 1980?
3. By how much was the field's capacity expected to expand between the time of writing and the early 1990's ?
4. The passage implies that
5. According to the passage, which of the following is true ?
6. It can be inferred from the passage that
7. Scientists control the commercial crayfish's environment in order to
8. The passage says that, compared with what is normal, the use of hydroponics at Cerro Prieto produces
9. The barley grass mentioned in the passage
10. What is the best title for the passage ?