Reading and answers the question:
Biomedical jewelry, accessories which monitor the wearer's vital functions1. What is biomedical jewelry?
or sound a warning in response to unhealthy environmental conditions,
is already on the market and promises to become much more medically
sophisticated and commonplace in the foreseeable future. Today, heart-monitoring
5 devices and posture indicators can be hidden in attractive belts;
necklaces may contain portable electrocardiographs, or may register
body temperature or the level of pollution in the air. If the pollution
level is dangerous, some necklaces open and dispense a face mask
and a ten-minute supply of oxygen. One of the less serious versions
10 of this type of necklace simply tells the wearer if his or her own
breath has reached an offensive level. Still on the drawing board
are designs for attractive personal ornaments which could warn of
impending epileptic seizures or migraine headaches. Designers of
biomedical jewelry predict that the time will come when artfully
15 designed bracelets or necklaces will be able to diagnose, analyze,
and even prescribe treatment for their wearers.
2. Which of the following would be the best title for the passage ?
3. It is implied that today's biomedical jewelry
4. According to the passage, the biomedical necklaces mentioned can do all of the following except.
5. How does the author describe the necklace designed to monitor the wearer's breath ?
6. Designers of biomedical jewelry envisage a future in which