Reading and answers the question:
In 1955 Martin Luther King, Jr, gained national recognition for his1. What is the best title for the passage ?
nonviolent methods used in a bus boycott in Montgomery. This peaceful
boycott, under Dr. King's guidance, changed the law which required
Black people to ride in the backs of buses. After this success, Dr.
5 King used his nonviolent tactics in efforts to change other discriminatory
Dr. King urged Blacks to use nonviolent sit-ins, marches, demonstrations,
and freedom rides in their efforts to gain full freedom and equality.
10 Arrested for breaking discriminatory law, Dr. King went to jail dozens
of times. He became a symbol around the world for people to protest
peacefully against unjust laws. In recognition of his work for peacefully
change, Dr. King received the 1964 Nobel Peace Prize.
2. According to the passage, as a consequence of his protest in 1955, Dr. King became
3. It can be inferred from the passage that Dr. King continued his nonviolent methods because
4. Which of the following is mentioned in the passage as a means by which Dr. King tried to bring about social justice ?
5. According to the passage, how many times was Dr. King put in jail ?
6. The author implies that in the 1960' s Dr. King was known
7. The passage answers which of the following questions ?