Reading and answers the question:
Magnesium is anther mineral we now obtain by collecting huge volumes of ocean water and treating it with chemicals, although originally it was derived only from brines or from the treatment of such magnesium-containing rocks as dolomite, of which whole mountain ranges are composed. In 5 a cubic mile of seawater there are abut four million tons of magnesium. Since the direct extraction method was developed about 1941, production has increased enormously. It was magnesium from the sea that made possible the wartime growth of the aviation industry, for every airplane made in the United States (and in most other countries as well) contains 10 about half a ton of magnesium metal. And it has innumerable uses in other industries where a lightweight metal is desired, besides its long-standing utility as an insulating material, and its use in printing inks, medicines, and toothpastes.
1. What is the main topic of this passage?
2. According to the passage, magnesium was first obtained from
3. According to the passage, which of the following was a direct consequence of the new method of obtaining magnesium?
4. According to the passage, why is magnesium important to industry?
5. It can be inferred from the passage that during the past fifty years the demand for magnesium has