Level C - Lesson 1001. Her ________ is getting worse and worse. She seems too afraid to speak to anyone.
2. The doctor gave the patient ________ examination to discover the cause of his collapse.
3. That dress looks lovely: red really ________ you!
4. I ________ the bell-push several times but there was no-one at home.
5. If you eat a lot of chocolate, your teeth will begin to ________.
6. I'm afraid that it won't be possible ________.
7. The campers put their tent ________ in a field.
8. I disagree ________ you about that film you praised so much.
9. We were so busy we had to ________ going on holiday for a month.
10. They ________ understand the teacher, as he spoke too fast.
11. I don't think she could ever give ________ smoking. She's a real addict.
12. ________ scientists have observed increased pollution in the water supply.
13. Do you approve ________ hunting?
14. She preferred to wait ________ you.
15. I refuse to comment ________ his work.
16. Their walking-tour through Lapland never came ________.
17. I ________ for that job before I passed my final exams at the university.
18. As James had scored distinctions in Chemistry and Biology in his Higher School Certificate Examination, he hoped to ________ one of these subjects at university.
19. I'm really angry with Sue. The next time I see her, I'll give her an ________.
20. Many years ago in a faraway land there lived ________ wise old man.