Level C - Lesson 1011. Have I ________ you about how Mary is getting on at college?
2. "The Sting" is by ________ the best Robert Redford film I have seen.
3. Many elderly people have to live on the money they ________ when they were working.
4. You shouldn't call your superior ________ his first name.
5. I've had replies to our invitations from everyone ________ from Jane.
6. I had to get up early, ________ I'd have missed the train.
7. I ________ you to drive carefully today. The roads are icy.
8. I wanted to go home but my girlfriend ________ on going to a nightclub.
9. The house ________ beside the lake.
10. After the revolution, the people of Haiti ________ revenge on the secret police.
11. Much stricter ________ must now be taken at all airports.
12. Betty dances really ________, doesn't she?
13. The decision is yours, but I'd prefer you not ________ home until you're older.
14. The accident was terrible, because there was no doctor ________ to help.
15. ________ is known about the side-effects of the new drug.
16. If I got his letter, I ________ his address.
17. Well we did have a terrible row but we've ________ it up now.
18. It was ________ that he happened to walk in just as we were discussing him.
19. In ________ of rage he tried to kill his own brother.
20. He was in his late fifties, with staring eyes and a ________ hairline.