Level C - Lesson 1021. The estate agent spent a ________ deal of time trying to persuade me to buy the house.
2. In the pub she found herself sitting ________ a well-known TV personality.
3. He has always wanted to see his name in ________.
4. If you ________ to London tomorrow, telephone me first.
5. There is no ________ in going to school if you're not willing to learn.
6. The expert ________ the painting carefully and then said it was not original.
7. Could you hang ________ a minute? I'll be right back!
8. I'm sorry I haven't got any money - I've ________ my wallet at home.
9. Books may be ________ from the library for up to three weeks.
10. She ________ her parents to let her go to England.
11. That's a nice coat, and the colour ________ you well.
12. ________ his flu, he got up and went to work.
13. You're very quiet today. What have you got on your ________?
14. In some countries, there is a terrible ________ of food.
15. There is a beautiful ________ of the old city from the terrace of their mountain house.
16. I don't like to ask people for help as a rule but I wonder if you could ________ me a favour.
17. You shouldn't get so angry ________ him.
18. Here you are at last! I ________ for you since two o'clock.
19. He has recently ________ golf to provide himself with some relaxation.
20. After several hours on the road they became ________ to the fact that they would never reach the hotel by nightfall.