Level C - Lesson 181. He opened the letter without ________ to read the address on the envelope.
2. - Fay: The headmistress wants you in her study. - Ivy: She's here already. I didn't think she ________ till tomorrow.
3. If you have any ________ concerning this report please telephone the Planning Office.
4. Could you please ________ exactly what you saw?
5. Look, Mother! James has brought you a ________ of flowers.
6. She gets very angry with her son because he seems to be incapable ________ keeping his room tidy.
7. In the summer we often sleep in the ________ air on our terrace.
8. What a beautiful dress! It ________ you perfectly.
9. I bought the hat because the colours ________ the colours of the coat.
10. To promote him so quickly you must have a very high ________ of his ability.
11. It's no use waiting for him any longer. We ________ as well go without him.
12. He ________ out of the window for a moment and then went on working.
13. You should always keep receipts from shops as proof ________ purchase.
14. Please don't mention it ________ my husband, but I paid $10 for this hat.
15. I knocked ________ the door.
16. You must have ________ the examination before Friday, so bring your money to the office as soon as possible.
17. They ________ for you for more than two hours now.
18. I would have come home earlier if you ________ me to help you with the housework.
19. Petrol in this country is so expensive ________ we use public transport as much as possible.
20. There has been some ________ in the relations between those two countries recently.