Level C - Lesson 21. Is there ________ bread for all the sandwiches we have to make?
2. Teaching is not a(n) ________ which pays very well.
3. No, the letter didn't come through the post. It was delivered personally, ________ hand.
4. I ________ do that if I were you.
5. There was nothing to ________ him with the burglary until the police found a gold ring in his car.
6. The manufacturers are advertising a new ________ of soap powder.
7. ________ my stay in hospital, I lost twelve kilos.
8. I'm sorry to hear that Peter and Dick have ________. They were such a good friends.
9. Shall I use this ________ to fry the eggs?
10. He ________ being given a receipt for the bill he had paid.
11. These cars originally had two doors but the latest ________ has four.
12. That boy is far ahead ________ everyone else in the class.
13. He is also interested ________ art.
14. It is impossible to prevent them from quarreling ________ each other.
15. I'm thinking ________ looking for a new job.
16. Dick prefers football ________ tennis.
17. The internship in a psychiatric ward ________ for the rest of his life.
18. If I had known the way to his house, I ________ him last Friday afternoon.
19. He ________ that he had been involved in the decision not to attack the enemy position.
20. As brown as ________ = having a tanned skin after sunbathing.