Level C - Lesson 281. How ________ you manage to get here so quickly?
2. The guide walked so ________ that most of the party could not keep up with him.
3. Membership of the club, ________ costs $10.000 a year, is only open to people over the age of 60.
4. The young man swore that he would take ________ his father's killers.
5. ________ he wasn't feeling very well, Mr Graham went to visit his aunt as usual.
6. That fellow has a dishonest ________ in his character.
7. Having looked the place ________, the gang went away to make their plane.
8. We're selling the hotel ________ of the summer, and retiring.
9. I think he is unwell; he was complaining ________ a headache this morning.
10. You'll have to hurry because the ________ train leaves in ten minutes.
11. I am not used ________ spoken to in such a rude manner.
12. There was a beautiful, small hotel standing ________ hundreds of palm trees near the beach.
13. As the two teams were ________ at the end of the game, they had to play again to decide the winners of the competition.
14. The shops are always ________ of people at Christmas time.
15. His request ________ me completely by surprise.
16. I have often ________ why they went to live abroad.
17. I know he is slow at understanding, but you have to be patient ________ him.
18. Most people never ________ with violent crime.
19. I don't think I ________ this book ever before.
20. a City man = ________.