Level C - Lesson 301. After the party the children was allowed to finish off the ________ sandwiches and cakes.
2. We would very much ________ a reply by the end of the month.
3. When he heard the joke, he burst into loud ________.
4. I don't think I could ever get used to ________ to work so early.
5. ________ amount of money can buy true friendship.
6. The Government should be spending money on new hospitals ________ than on defence.
7. I was very ________ of myself for forgetting Mother's birthday.
8. She's got a fabulous job and she earns a great ________ of money.
9. Mrs Carter is an expert ________ the mating habits of the ostrich.
10. It's difficult to tell the twins apart because the look exactly the ________.
11. Contrary to my expectations, there was no need to be uneasy ________ the results of the match.
12. It is impossible to prevent them ________ quarrelling with each other.
13. This car is inferior ________ the one I bought last year.
14. He plays ________ the school team.
15. I despair ________ ever teaching him anything.
16. We are fortunate in having sufficient supplies of fuel ________ the winter.
17. He was found guilty ________ a great many crimes.
18. ________ Patrick, he can't possibly go alone - he's far too young.
19. I'm afraid I know nothing about the fight for independence. It was ________.
20. Many of the jobs which have been created in this area can be directly ________ to tourism.