Level C - Lesson 401. In the jar there was a ________ which looked like jam.
2. Because his argument was so confusing, ________ people understood it.
3. We are ________ him to arrive at any moment.
4. You ________ worry about paying the gas bill - I've already done it.
5. I've made an appointment for 10 o'clock. Is that ________ for you?
6. You look ________ you've seen a ghost!
7. You ________ blame yourself for the accident. It wasn't your fault.
8. Naturally I'm ________ that I didn't pass the examination but I'll do better next time.
9. Today's newspaper has ________ interesting article on space travel.
10. Your brother is much taller ________ you.
11. My aunt and uncle always quarrelled about their tea; she liked it strong but he wanted it ________.
12. Getting divorced was a ________ decision for us to make, but I'm sure it was the right one.
13. Mr Smith was ________ in a road accident.
14. We expected him at eight but he finally ________ at midnight.
15. Buses into town run ________ twenty minutes or so.
16. Can you possibly make ________ what he has written here?
17. I can't say what her name is though it is ________.
18. Whether or not to abolish corporal punishment in schools is still ________ in educational circles.
19. I ________ a nice present yesterday.
20. As bold as ________ = cheeky, impudent.