Level C - Lesson 441. We felt sorry ________ Sarah when she lost her job at the chemist's.
2. It was very difficult for the inspector to ________ what the recommendations he should make.
3. She walked to the ________ of the swimming pool and jumped in.
4. I thought I'd buy her a ________ brown bag.
5. The policeman ________ me the way.
6. He was sent to prison for ________ a bank.
7. I'm going to stay here ________ he phones and then I'll come and join you.
8. You can trust what he says. He's a very ________ person.
9. They haven't beaten me yet. I still have one or two ________ up my sleeve.
10. After dinner, the President got up to ________ a short speech.
11. She was an ________ writer because she persuaded many people to see the truth of her ideas.
12. - Lucian: I'm most grateful to you for getting the doctor in time. - Miriam: If I hadn't, I think you ________.
13. People who live in the cities ________ to suffer from stress more than people in the countryside.
14. He has provided ________ every emergency.
15. There was a note attached ________ the parcel.
16. Italian is a splendid language ________.
17. I saw her ________ the street.
18. Although we have a large number of students, each one receives ________ attention.
19. We negotiated with the unions for several hours but weren't able to ________ at an agreement.
20. The missing climber, who had not been seen or heard of for two days, appeared at the mountain hut ________ and kicking.