Level C - Lesson 611. He stood on one leg, ________ against the wall, while he took off his shoe.
2. ________ of all of us who are here tonight, I would like to thank Mr Jones for his talk.
3. It was a complete ________; I never meant to hurt her!
4. When I was in the hotel my money ________.
5. ________ to an accident in the High Street, traffic is moving very slowly on the London Road.
6. I am going to have a short rest as I ________ a headache.
7. Wild ducks always fly in a definite ________.
8. There was a robbery at the bank, and the police are looking ________ the matter.
9. I'm not sure how old he is but he must be ________ for 70.
10. The sky is ________ so I don't think it will rain.
11. It tasted so ________ of lemon that the other flavours were lost.
12. I am not in the least ________ about his opinion.
13. Whenever you go to the sales, you ________ your money buying things that nobody wants.
14. Paris lies ________ the river Seine.
15. At the end of the day we watch a little television ________ going to bed.
16. Mr Handforth could have continued working until he was 65, but he decided to ________ early.
17. It is obvious to everyone that he is not responsible ________ this mistake.
18. The sergeant's orders were perfectly ________.
19. She's obviously going to get a top job soon. She's a real high ________.
20. The boy looks like his father and the girl takes ________ her mother.