Level C - Lesson 661. This is the ________ of the bicycle which was stolen.
2. It is ________ unlikely that the Queen will agree to open the new Town Hall.
3. I have lived near the railway for so long now that I've grown ________ to the noise of the trains.
4. She ________ me of the first time we met, when we knocked into each other with our umbrellas.
5. The noise got ________ as the car disappeared into the distance.
6. ________ of all the staff, I would like to wish you a happy retirement.
7. While studying he depended ________ his wife for money.
8. Never before ________ seen such an enormous wedding cake.
9. I haven't heard from Pete for ages. I wish he ________ me his phone number before he left.
10. She needs a lot of help, but she always refuses ________ advice of any kind.
11. I must apologize ________ keeping you waiting so long.
12. I appealed ________ him for help.
13. He is responding to treatment and will soon be cured ________ his illness.
14. High in the sky a ________ of birds was flying southward.
15. A director ________ over all his employees.
16. It was ________ that I burnt my mouth.
17. I ________ to read this book before I found an interesting article about it.
18. As I was ________ through the newspaper this morning. I camme across a picture of an old army friend of mine.
19. Although the comedian was very clever, many of his remarks were ________ and ________ lawsuits against him for slander.
20. There is no ________ that the new agricultural policy has been in any way disastrous.