Level C - Lesson 681. An overtaking driver cut ________ so suddenly that I had to brake hard to avoid a crash.
2. If he ________ a little harder, his results would be better.
3. Unexpectedly the lights ________ out and we were left in darkness.
4. I had no ________ that the divorce rate was so high in this country.
5. I don't think he'll ever ________ the shock of his wife's death.
6. ________ Mrs Webber is over seventy, she still goes swimming every day.
7. In today's newspaper it ________ that oil has been discovered off the west coast.
8. There is a large car-park ________ to the station.
9. The hotel room was so dirty that I was ________ and complained to the manager.
10. ________ from anything else, she is always late for work.
11. You must keep your dog on a ________ in this park.
12. The Queen has said that she will ________ the ceremony.
13. I'm not sure if the new tax is ________ a good idea after all.
14. She was quite unprepared ________ the news.
15. We have embarked ________ a new scheme.
16. And what does this delightful drink consist ________?
17. ________ we had to stand.
18. He refused to give up work, ________ he'd won a million pounds.
19. We believe that the cumulative effects of renewed prosperity will ________ expectations.
20. It's distressing to see small children ________ in the streets.