Level C - Lesson 721. He is very stubborn, so it will be difficult to ________ him to go.
2. When the time came to ________ the bill at the hotel she found her purse had been stolen.
3. The film ________ several scenes that might upset young children.
4. We're moving out soon because our house is going to be knocked ________ when the new road is built.
5. We returned our TV set to the shop because it was ________.
6. Can you come at once? I ________ speak to you urgently.
7. I've never had to ________ such rudeness before.
8. I don't think I have ________ eaten Indonesian food before.
9. All Mike's friends felt sorry ________ him when he had to give up playing football.
10. - Sidney: Shall we stay at home or go for a walk? - Margot: Which ________ do yourself?
11. At first, everything was ________, just like any other day. But then!
12. He ________ me $20 for mending my bicycle.
13. ________ I tell you yesterday not to touch that dog!
14. Inflation and its upward ________ is the scourge of our days.
15. Her guest apologized for causing her so much ________.
16. I am ________ to come to the meeting on Monday evening; please apologize for my absence.
17. I suppose I can count ________ you for help in this matter?
18. They began by experimenting ________ rats.
19. They brought the land with a ________ to building a new office block.
20. In all ________ there will never be a third World War.