Level C - Lesson 751. The young soldier ________ a dangerous mission across the desert, although he knew that he might be killed.
2. What a lovely dress ________ on.
3. They have just released a new record called 'Starlight', ________ you must buy.
4. Because nobody admitted breaking the window, the ________ class was kept in after school.
5. It was a good attempt, but it didn't really come ________, which was a pity.
6. Your marks are poor, ________ I'm afraid you have failed.
7. Excuse me, but would you ________ talking a little bit more quietly? We are trying to work.
8. The banks seems to have credited my account with $100 in ________.
9. You think that's a good idea? I'm sorry, but I don't ________ you at all.
10. Although this wine is quite cheap, it is very ________.
11. Excuse me, do you ________ me bringing my dog into your house?
12. He has a very ________ temper and often says things he regrets later.
13. He says he's sorry ________ what he did, so you need not get angry with him.
14. I'm not satisfied ________ your work.
15. I cannot be held responsible ________ other people's mistakes.
16. I will ask him to give me my record back when I ________ him.
17. I'm afraid my speech may have ________ you as to my true aims.
18. What he told me was a ________ of lies.
19. The death penalty was ________ many years ago in this country.
20. Although the language was ________ and considered to be inferior to standard English, Robert Burns wrote his love poetry in the language of the Scots.