Level C - Lesson 761. Workers who do not obey the safety regulations will be ________ immediately.
2. The prisoner ran ________ down the hill and escaped.
3. His grandmother ________ born in France.
4. A young art student acted as our ________ when we visited the National Gallery.
5. Would you ________ some onions for me, please Marisa?
6. She was ________ TV when the phone rang.
7. Susan ________ visits her grandmother every Wednesday.
8. Mary went shopping; ________ John did some gardening.
9. To make a good omelette, you must ________ the eggs very well.
10. Is there somewhere I can ________ this jumper?
11. The policeman who stopped him asked him if ________ been drinking.
12. They caught him cheating. His chances of passing are ________ destroyed now.
13. We don't know her very well, only by ________.
14. The teacher ________ them the answer to the question.
15. He stroked his cat's silky fur and the cat ________ contentedly.
16. I wrote to the company ________ them for a catalogue
17. We played the game ________ the rules.
18. The ________ listened attentively to every word the vicar said in his sermon.
19. Although a solemn tone was appropriate to the seriousness of the occasion, the speaker lapsed into ________ which was depressing rather than moving.
20. The politician refused to be drawn into answering ________ questions.