Level C - Lesson 821. When I went to talk to the manager, he told me he could only ________ me a few minutes.
2. There was a big hole in the road which ________ the traffic.
3. The factory paid ________ nearly a million pounds to their employees who were injured in the explosion.
4. I'm so out of ________ that I can't run ten meters without puffing.
5. He go out of bed and took a few ________ but couldn't go any farther.
6. You will have to repeat the course because your work has been ________.
7. ________ the BBC news, the plane crash was caused by engine failure.
8. I tried ________ the bus, but I missed it.
9. She showed a lot of ________ in her fight against the illness.
10. I've ________ for a job in Mexico. I hope I get it.
11. Prevention is better than ________.
12. The class failed to respond ________ the teacher's new methods.
13. I am sorry ________ having asked him.
14. He turned ________ me for help.
15. Are you interested ________ opera?
16. How do you account ________ this?
17. Has it ever occured to you that those twins are quite different ________ each other in many ways?
18. I left the meat on the table and as the weather was very hot, it ________.
19. He and I don't get on. We rub each other up the wrong ________.
20. If you have finished your homework, you ________ check through it carefully.