Level C - Lesson 831. ________ down the High Street, Peter bumped into Jenny.
2. Let us know as soon as possible so that we can start ________ arrangements.
3. It took about twenty minutes ________ to the station.
4. Yesterday the naval authorities ________ the report in Friday's newspapers that they had exploded three bombs near an unknown submarine.
5. He couldn't make the radio ________.
6. I don't believe a word you're saying. I think you've made the whole thing ________.
7. David was arrested because he had forgotten ________ for his shopping.
8. I felt a sharp ________ when I put my hand in the boiling water.
9. One ________ of their new house is that it has no garden.
10. I expect it will rain again when we're on holiday this year, but at least we are properly prepared ________ it this time.
11. Do you know anyone who's interested ________ having a kitten?
12. Psychiatrists spend a lot of time studying the mind. So ________ psychologists.
13. The firemen brought several long ________ to try to reach those trapped on the roof.
14. Be careful! Here's a wasps' nest. Don't ________ it.
15. The brothers are so alike I cannot ________ one from the other.
16. She wanted to borrow the record ________ me but she was shy of asking.
17. She is tall and slim, but her mother is fat. She ________ her father.
18. As the service charge is included in the bill, any further tipping is ________.
19. Many ________ crafts such as weaving are now being revived.
20. In a five-hour operation, surgeons managed to sew the boy's ________ hand back on.