Level C - Lesson 881. The customs officer made her ________ her suitcase.
2. My doctor will not let me ________ animal fats any more.
3. - Barbara: It's curious that Roy can't ski better. - Leo: I know. By the end of the month, he ________ lessons for a full month.
4. ________ the terrible weather, the tennis tournament was cancelled.
5. The plate was right on the ________ of the table and could have been knocked off at any moment.
6. Scientists had never met this problem before: it was ________.
7. I was ________ about to ring up the office when he arrived home.
8. We would ________ to stay at home this evening.
9. We had to ________ our roof repaired after the violent storm.
10. I'm afraid it didn't ________ my mind that they weren't the right people to invite.
11. The child hurt himself badly when he fell ________ the bedroom window.
12. The hardest thing I ________ to do was to look after some children for a week.
13. He has had a bad day - in addition ________ being late for school, he forgot his homework.
14. After a lot of difficulty, he ________ to open the door.
15. Don't lean ________ that wall! You'll regret it.
16. It was very kind ________ him.
17. The production ________, we suffered considerable losses lately.
18. After his uncle's death, my husband ________ a lot of money.
19. The police are looking for a man of ________ height.
20. As dumb as ________ = stupid.