TOEFL Level - Lesson 1
1. Upon hatching, ________.
2. Some of the rainwater from clouds evaporates before ________.
3. The truck ________ crashed into the back of a bus scattering glass everywhere.
4. ________ is entirely up to him.
5. ________ he would have come to class.
6. All of the people at the AAME conference are ________.
7. At an experimental agricultural station, many types of grass are grown ________ various conditions.
8. ________ techniques have been developed in recent years to diagnose (genetic diseases in the developing fetus.
9. With new technology, cameras can take pictures of underwater valleys ________ color.
10. _______ are prepared from flour or meal derived from some form of grain.
11. ________ a sizable geographic area, it constitutes a biome.
12. Modern blimps like the famous Goodyear blimps ________ the first ones in that they are filled with helium instead of hydrogen.
13. Although the Ojibwa Indians fought frequently with the Sioux, they didn't have ________ with early white settlers.
14. In a hot, sunny climate, man acclimatizes by eating less, drinking more liquids, wearing lighter clothing, and ________.
15. Some forms of mollusks are extremely useful as food, especially the bivalves ________ oysters, clams, and scallops.
16. It is now believed that some damage to tissues may result ________ them to frequent X-rays.
17. Rhododendrons would rather ________ in shady places, and so would azaleas.
18. Recently, there have been several outbreaks of disease like legionnaire's syndrome, and doctors don't know ________.
19. American author John Updike, ________ spent his boyhood in Shillington, Pennsylvania.
20. He entered a university________.