TOEFL Level - Lesson 111. If more than five thousand dollars in monetary instruments is transported into the United States, a report needs ________ with the customs office.
2. Of Charles Dickens' many novels, "Great Expectations" is perhaps ________ to many readers.
3. Rarely ________ to the movie because he prefers to watch films on his VCR.
4. We all know that speaking foreign languages is the best way to learn ________.
5. Her grades have improved, but only ________.
6. All the cereal grains ________ grow on the prairies and plains of the United States.
7. ________ the bones of prehistoric man, scientists hope to determine what their owners ate.
8. ________, Cart Sandburg is also well known for his multivolume biography of Lincoln.
9. Modern industrial methods have supplanted individual crafts, ________ stonecarvers, coopers, and cobblers virtually extinct.
10. Lobbyists who represent special interest groups get ________ that benefits their groups.
11. By careful seeding, weather makers can encourage two small clouds to merge into one big cloud ________ produce a powerful thunderstorm.
12. It is usually ________ lava but gas that kills people during volcanic eruptions.
13. The Disney amusement park in Japan is ________ Florida or California.
14. Jackson, Mississippi, ________ capital, is the largest city in the state.
15. Anthropologists ________ within their environments and evaluate the adaptations they have made.
16. For thousands of years, people have used vast amounts of wood for building and ________ their homes.
17. ________ of the United States grown during a Republican administration.
18. Overexposure to the sun can produce ________ can some toxic chemicals.
19. Balinese cats, which are a cross between Siamese and long-haired cats, ________ medium length silky coats of fur.
20. If one is suffering from a psychosomatic illness, that is, a disease contributed to by mental anxiety, one may still feel very ________ .