TOEFL Level - Lesson 161. That plant is ________ big that it should really be moved outside.
2. Generally speaking, people should have ________ as their desires will allow.
3. ________ strength of 70 horses, a forklift toils all day long in a warehouse lifting great weights.
4. Jan Malzeliger's invention, the "shoe-lasting" machine, ________ production but it also cut the cost of shoe production by half.
5. Goddard developed the first rocket to fly faster ________.
6. Some students are frightened the university ________ tuition fees to meet the rise in the cost of living.
7. It is very difficult to stop the cultivation of marijuana because ________.
8. Automobile production in the United States ________.
9. On the slope of Long's Peak in Colorado ________ the ruin of a gigantic tree.
10. ________ that the English settled in Jamestown.
11. Agronomists work to improve the quality of crops, increase the yield of fields, and ________ of the soil.
12. Nitric acid ________ copper to give off brown fumes of nitrogen dioxide.
13. Although the name was not popularized until the Middle Ages, engineering ________ civilization.
14. Penguins, the most highly specialized of all aquatic birds, may live ________ twenty years.
15. A desert receives less than twenty-five ________ of rainfall every year.
16. Most beekeepers have observed ________ at the approach of a thunderstorm.
17. The jaw structure of a snake permits it to eat and digest animals much larger than ________ .
18. When a woman becomes pregnant ________ in life, she encounters additional risks in delivering a healthy baby.
19. ________ of Country-Western singers may be related to old English ballads.
20. The United States is ________ that there are five time zones.