TOEFL Level - Lesson 17
1. Vr.Duncan does not know________the lawn vower after they had finished using it.
2. The painting ________ to the art museum last week.
3. Because she was feeling unwell, ________ to miss the examination.
4. ________ cheaper, Belinda would have bought it.
5. The most noticeable feature of African elephants ________ their large ears being quite different from the ears of Asian elephants.
6. Fred's yearly income since he changed professions has ________.
7. Although the weather in Martha's Vineyard isn't ________ to have a year round tourist season, it has become a favorite summer resort.
8. Sound comes in waves, and the higher the frequency, ________.
9. It was proposed by the new member on the committee that membership fees ________ reduced.
10. Neither Jane nor her brothers ________a consent form for tomorrow's field trip.
11. Trace minerals are ________ are elements needed in greater quantities.
12. The manager was angry because somebody ________
13. Richard Nixon had been a lawyer and ________ before he entered politics.
14. The two main ________ are permanent magnets and electromagnets.
15. There are many beautifully preserved historic buildings ________.
16. Clones, ________ , are genetically homogeneous.
17. Although research scientists had hoped that the new drug interferon ________ to be a cure for cancer, its applications now appear to be more limited.
18. ________ his life, Eugene O'Neill was regarded as the foremost American dramatist.
19. ________ born, a baby kangaroo measures less than three inches in length.
20. Electron storage rings ________ in investigations of the structure of materials.