TOEFL Level - Lesson 201. ________ Giant Ape Man, our biggest and probably one of our first human ancestors, was just about the size of a male gorilla.
2. The strongest dump trucks work in rock quarries, ________ tons of rocks and soil at one time.
3. Poison oak generates irritating poisons ________ even if people merely brush against the plants.
4. The mechanic told the car owner that he should not ________ the car over 50 miles per hour.
5. The commitee decided to award ________ a prize even though he didn't win.
6. ________ the last lunar eclipse lasting longer than any this century, we were able to try out our new telescope.
7. Since Elizabeth Barrett Browning's father never approved of ________ Robert Browning, the couple eloped to Italy where they lived and wrote.
8. Not until the mid-nineteenth century ________ achieve recognition.
9. ________ their territories but rather than fight, they howl.
10. The TOEFL examination ________ by the year 2000.
11. Henry Ford revolutionized production management by ________ into small steps on a moving line.
12. Unemployment compensation is money to support an unemployed person while he or she is looking for ________ .
13. Many chemicals react ________ in acid solutions.
14. When Jacqueline Kennedy was first lady, she collected many beautiful antiques and ________ them among the original pieces in the White House.
15. Of all the cities in Texas, ________.
16. ________ peaches are classified as freestone or clingstone depends on how difficult it is to remove the pit.
17. The gila monster is ________ poisonous lizards found in North America.
18. ________ cockroach is the pest most in need of eradication is generally agreed upon by housing authorities everywhere.
19. The flamingo uses its bill ________ feeding to filter mud and water from the tiny plants and animals it finds in shallow ponds.
20. Researchers have recently confirmed ________ Pygmies are missing an insulinlike growth factor.