TOEFL Level - Lesson 221. George belongs to the ________
2. Alice Freeman, ________ to head Wellesley College at age 27, is one of the youngest college presidents in history.
3. It is only recently that ballets have been based on themes ________ American life.
4. Cellulose, which ________ for making paper, can be found in all plants.
5. ________ children master the basics, advanced development becomes easier.
6. The final examination was cancelled ________.
7. The chairman requested that ________.
8. The saturated fat in dairy foods is thought ________ a factor in heart disease.
9. ________ problems in sailing in tropical seas is the coral reefs.
10. The bombardier beetle gets its name because ________ its prey with caustic liquid.
11. ________ discussion of group personality would be complete without a consideration of national character.
12. He gave ________.
13. ________ in the world export diamonds.
14. The lights and appliances in most homes use alternating current ________.
15. Before Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin, many people died ________.
16. ________ under Chief Tecumseh, the Shawnees lost most of their lands to whites and were moved into territories.
17. People who have very little technical background have ________ to understand computer language.
18. It is the recommendation of many psychologists ________ to associate words and remember names.
19. A bat will often spend the daylight hours ________ upside down in a tree or cave.
20. David Bushnell, of Yale, ________ a submarine in 1775.