TOEFL Level - Lesson 291. ________ the plow is being displaced by new techniques that protect the land and promise more abundant crops.
2. Birds all over the world ________ in distances up to thousands of miles.
3. ________ business, a merger is a combination of two or more corporations under one management.
4. Studies indicate ________ collecting art today than ever before.
5. The child thought the fruit tasted ________ and wanted to eat more.
6. While attempting to reach his home before the storm, ________
7. Unlike most Europeans, many Americans ________ bacon and eggs for breakfast every day.
8. Fire safety in family houses, ________ most fire deaths occur, is difficult to achieve.
9. ________ ants live in colonies, keep farms, go to war, carry off slaves, and have a society somewhat like human beings.
10. ________ like "MacDonalds" and "Kentucky Fried Chicken" have used franchising to extend their sales internationally.
11. ________ have a powerful influence on the shape of the entire magazine industry.
12. ________ is cheaper for students who maintain a B average because they are a better risk than average or below-average students.
13. ________ a mayor, many city governments employ a city manager.
14. If humans were totally deprived of sleep, they ________ hallucinations, anxiety, coma, and eventually, death.
15. In November of 1863, the city of Atlanta ________ during Sherman's famous "March to the Sea."
16. ________ New Jersey's proximity to New York, it is an important link in the nation's transportation system.
17. The Federal Reserve System, ________ under President Wilson, plays a key role in regulating the U.S. economy.
18. ________ young, Eugene O'Neill traveled with his father's theatrical company, and the stage was an important part of his life.
19. The Virginia strawberry, native to eastern North America, was used in pre-colonial times ________.
20. Touch-typing was originally devised as an aid to ________.