TOEFL Level - Lesson 3
1. According to some historians, if Napoleon had not invaded Russia, he ________ the rest of Europe.
2. Children learn primarily by ________ the world around them.
3. Partnership is an association of two or more individuals who ________ together to develop a business.
4. Only when it rains for many days ________.
5. Pre-school students, ________, may be given preferential treatment over other more normal children.
6. ________ was the day before yesterday.
7. The clay burial vessels from the early Hopewell culture of North America are decorated with zigzag, grooved, and.
8. ________ to go to the grocery store every day?.
9. On Mercator's maps, the far northern and southern polar regions are ________.
10. Only ________ of the breeds of cattle have been brought to the United States.
11. Chemicals in paint that pose a fire hazard ________ as combustible, flammable, or extremely flammable.
12. Many books ________, but one of the best is "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie.
13. ________ a novelty in American retailing, fixed prices are now universal in sales.
14. ________ the Gulf Stream is warmer than the ocean water surrounding it.
15. ________ heat from the sun is trapped near the earth's surface, the greenhouse effect occurs.
16. Drying of meats and vegetables is no longer considered one of ________ of preserving food.
17. ________ anti-trust laws did not exist in the U.S., there would not be as much competition in certain industries.
18. In 1774 delegates from all colonies ________ attended the First Continental Congress.
19. ________ Henry David Thoreau is known for his transcendental views.
20. When Franklin Roosevelt decided to run for a fourth term, the opposition said that he was ________.