TOEFL Level - Lesson 39
1. While staying in Florence, Italy, in 1894, ________ that she had a talent for sculpture and began taking lessons.
2. Some monkeys, ________, use their tails in a way similar to a hand.
3. It is good form to use the name of the person ________.
4. Generally speaking, every person ________ the potential to be a teacher, to some extent.
5. Statistics have shown that early winter ________ the worst time for traffic accidents.
6. Some people think that studying is not nearly as difficult as ________.
7. Neptune is an extremely cold planet, and ________.
8. In many ways, riding a bicycle is similar to ________.
9. ________ on the environment for the gratification of its needs.
10. I understand that the governor is considering a new proposal ________
11. Although fish do not have any outer ears, ________ have a simple inner ear on either side of the head.
12. The observation deck at the World Trade Center ________ in New York.
13. Deserts are often formed ________ they are cut off from rain___bearing winds by the surrounding mountain ranges.
14. ________ are found on the surface of the moon.
15. The terrain in North Carolina includes both the Highlands and the Coastal Plain, ________ the Piedmont Plateau between them.
16. A good counselor would rather that the patient ________ his or her own decisions after being helped to arrive at a general understanding of the alternatives.
17. One of ________ of the late Middle Ages was Saint Thomas Aquinas, a scholar who studied under Albertus Magnus.
18. One property of radioisotopes is that ________ decaying occurs in half-lives over a long period of time.
19. In an internal combustion engine, ________ and air are heated inside a cylinder.
20. Only under special circumstances ________ to test out of freshman composition and literature.