TOEFL Level - Lesson 41. Almost everyone fails ________ on the first try.
2. Van Gogh's "Sunflowers" ________ $39.9 million, three times the previous record.
3. ________, human beings have relatively constant body temperature.
4. Alfred Adams has not ________.
5. This year will be difficult for this organization because ________.
6. The fact that space exploration has increased dramatically in the past thirty years ________.
7. ________ is necessary for the development of strong bones and teeth.
8. Frost occurs in valleys and on low grounds ________ on adjacent hills.
9. ________ the fifth largest among the nine planets that make up our solar system.
10. Only rarely ________ neuroses leave a person unable to function in everyday situations.
11. Anxiety about uncontrollable situations is thought to cause ________.
12. Most stores in large American cities close ________ five or six o'clock on weekdays, but the malls in the suburbs stay open much later.
13. Since more than 50 percent of all marriages in the United States end in divorce, about half of the children in America must ________ in single-parent homes.
14. ________ is an ancient source of energy.
15. Charlie Chaplin was a comedian ________ was best known for his work in silent movies.
16. In a parliamentary system, it is not the monarch but the prime minister ________ .
17. Geomorphology is the study of the changes that ________ on the surface of the earth.
18. In New England ________ picturesque fishing villages and manufacturing towns.
19. ________ all citrus fruit originated with the Chinese orange.
20. Most Americans don't object ________ them by their first names.