TOEFL Level - Lesson 411. Manufacturers often sacrifice quality ________.
2. A well-known large natural lake is Lake Tahoe, ________ straddles the California-Nevada border.
3. Total weight of all the ants in the world is much greater than ________.
4. Elephants scratch themselves with sticks ________.
5. Eli Whitney's milling machine remained unchanged for a century and a half because ________ was so efficient.
6. I don't know if ________ in my essay.
7. Alcohol abuse is a problem that can lead to ill health, loss of employment and ________.
8. ________ the operation costs were rising so fast, the United Nations decided to reduce personnel by half.
9. A dolphin six ________ length can move as fast as most ships.
10. ________ spotted owl is in danger of soon becoming extinct.
11. In carpentry, ________ "ceiling joists" refers to boards hung down from unfinished ceilings as the backbone from which finishing materials can be hung.
12. The bank sent a notice to its customers which contained ________.
13. Kubrick's going to be nominated to receive the Academy Award for best director, ________?
14. The overall efficiency of a system can be ________ that of its weakest element.
15. After seeing the movie 'Centennial', ________.
16. Composing more than forty percent of the diet, fats are ________ by the body for energy.
17. Therapists are currently using mental imagery in the hope that it might prove ________ in the treatment of cancer.
18. ________ as the most important crop in Hawaii is sugar cane.
19. The life of Benjamin Franklin, a practical man ________ many stories have been told, was unusually productive.
20. Her son went to Yale University, while her daughter went to ________.