TOEFL Level - Lesson 51. Abolitionist writer and former slave, Frederick Douglas, was impressed8with Lincoln ________ he found him entirely free of prejudice.
2. Perspiration increases ________ vigorous exercise or hot weather.
3. He told us ________ one man and six women applying for the job.
4. The doctor was worried about the patient because she appeared listless and ________.
5. They decided to finish and finally ________the hard evening with a pizza and a few sodas.
6. Employers often require that candidates have not only a degree in engineering ________.
7. Prices for bikes can run ________ $250.
8. ________ 1000 species of finch have been identified.
9. It can sometimes ________ a home.
10. ________ the coming of autumn, thousands of tourists follow the Blue Ridge Trail to observe the brilliant autumnal foliage.
11. ________ two and one half hours to climb to the top of the Empire State Building.
12. Although exact statistics vary because of political changes, ________ separate nation states are included in the official lists at any one time.
13. The yearly path of the sun around the heavens ________.
14. According to a recent survey, ________ doctors do not have a personal physician.
15. The tiny pictures on microfilm are ________ small to be read with the naked eye.
16. Memorial Day, a holiday set aside to remember those who have died, is usually celebrated on ________.
17. The Kilauea volcano ________ on the eastern slope of the larger Mauna Loa volcano.
18. The sudden expansion of heated air associated with lightning produces ________ often heard during a storm.
19. ________, business managers plan the tasks that their employees are to carry out.
20. A child in the first grade tends to be ________ all of the other children in his class.