TOEFL Level - Lesson 71. ________ a teacher in New England, Webster wrote the 'Dictionary of the American Language'.
2. About 20 miles from Boston, ________ a little town named Concord that has a rich history.
3. ________ the promotion of health and to helping people avoid injury and disease.
4. The bank ________ the bookstore has been broken into.
5. It was not until she had arrived home ________ remembered her appointment with the doctor.
6. Several of these washers and dryers are out of order and ________.
7. If the United States had not entered the Second World War, probably the 1940 unemployment rate of 14% ________ still further.
8. The Baltimore American first tried to nominate Theodore Roosevelt for the Presidency ________.
9. Not only knowledge and skills, but also attitudes ________ in school for students' future adjustment to society.
10. ________ west of the Rocky Mountains.
11. Vitamins are organic compounds ________ and must be ingested to maintain proper bodily functions.
12. Seals can ________ because they have a thick layer of blubber under their fur.
13. The "Canterbury Tales", written about 1386, is as alive and ________ today as it was nearly 600 years ago.
14. Each of the radioisotopes produced artificially ________ its own distinct structure.
15. "Moby Dick" is a mythical account of evil and revenge as shown by Captain Ahab's pursuit of the whale that had wounded ________ earlier in life.
16. In a suspension bridge ________ that carry one or more flexible cables firmly attached at each end.
17. The Kentucky Derby ________ every May at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky.
18. The nuthatch ________ six inches long.
19. The Andromeda Nebula, ________ more than two million light years away, can be seen from the northern hemisphere.
20. Harvey will wash the clothes, ________