TOEFL Level - Lesson 81. Pioneer men and women endured terrible hardships, and ________
2. The rains of 1993 ________ the Missouri river to overflow resulted in one of the worst floods of this century.
3. The Consumer Price Index lists ________.
4. Professional people appreciate ________ when it is necessary to cancel an appointment.
5. A student should tell a dorm counselor if ________ live with his roommate again next year.
6. It is the first time that the Princess of Wales has been to the United States, ________?
7. Gilbert Stuart is considered by most art critics ________ greatest portrait painter in the North American colonies.
8. The Irish brought the popular custom of Halloween to America ________ 1840s.
9. ________ that increasing numbers of compact-disc players will be bought by consumers in the years to come.
10. The volume of Hawaii's Mauna Loa is fifty times ________ Mount Everest.
11. ________ categorized as lipids.
12. Ben would have studied medicine if he________to a medical school.
13. The jurors were told to ________.
14. We had hoped ________ the game, but the other team played very well.
15. The U.S. postal service policy for check approval includes a requirement that two pieces of identification ________.
16. In order for people who spoke different languages to engage in trade ________ , they often developed a simplified language called "pidgin".
17. The Supreme Court does not hear a case unless ________ , except those involving foreign ambassadors.
18. Past experience has shown that even well-trained ________ overwhelming success in forecasting interest rates.
19. The financial manager's job ________ among the many sources of finance for the best interest rates available.
20. The All Pueblo Council is said ________ from 1598.