Tìm từ đồng nghĩa với từ được gạch chân - Trình độ TOEFL, Bài số 81. Rote learning is now considered to be of dubious worth.
2. Attending a church, temple, or mosque is one way to make agreeable friends.
3. Since none of the polls had predicted the winner, everyone was surprised by the results of the election.
4. Many doctors are still general practitioners, but the tendency is toward specialization in medicine.
5. Although there are many plastic objects to sweep the floor, most homemakers prefer the ones made from plants and bushes.
6. Laser beams can be used to bore metals and other hard materials.
7. Ultimately people rely on science to gain an understanding of biological phenomena.
8. Grandma Moses, a popular painter, spent her life in a tranquil little farming community.
9. The graduate committee must be in full accord in their approval of a dissertation.
10. Aristotle believed that a thrown ball traveled in a straight line, until the force impelling it was exhausted.
11. In the 1980 census, New Jersey was the most densely populated state.
12. The foreign countries' attempt at a blockade of the port was unsuccessful.
13. The thieves were trying to perpetrate a robbery in the office building.
14. The young couple chose a secluded place for their picnic.
15. A new government department was established to control maritime traffic.
16. Before the arrival of farmers and ranchers, the rolling plains of Texas were pristine prairies.
17. Due to the efforts of conservationists and environmentalists, few people are unaware of the problems of endangered species.
18. The squid's giant nerve fibers are used by marine biologists to conduct research on how nerves work.
19. Mammals have highly developed ears, consisting of varying lengths and numbers of turns in the cochlea.
20. I only have time to tell you the main idea of it, not the details.